2015 Silverado HDs More Refined; More Safety Features, New Interiors, Higher Load Capacities
“Heavy-duty pickups are tools that people use to tow heavy trailers and haul big loads,” said Jeff Luke, GM’s executive chief engineer for the company’s 2015 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra HDs.
“Great tools like the new Silverado HD pickups don’t just get the job done; they make the work easier, and help you feel more confident tackling the really tough jobs.
“Customers don’t drive spec sheets – they put real trucks to work every day, year in and year out, to run their businesses, earn their livings, and take care of their families,” said Luke.
“So as we roll out our new lineup of trucks and SUVs, we are focusing on the real-world needs of these truck customers.”
Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD 2015 models are available with all-new, stronger 6’6”and 8’ cargo boxes with standard CornerStep bumpers, EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgates, and other features that make cargo handling easier.
The 2015 models’ sturdy chassis and heavy-duty suspensions contribute to greater payload and towing capabilities, compared to previous models:
- Maximum available payload is a segment-best 7,374 pounds, up from 7,222 pounds.
- Maximum available conventional towing is also segment leading, at 19,600 pounds with the available factory hitch – up from 18,000 pounds.
- Maximum available fifth-wheel towing is 23,200 pounds, up from 22,500 pounds.
Additional updates for 2015 include:
- All-new exterior styling with enhanced cooling air flow to the 6.6-liter Duramax turbo diesel or standard 6.0-liter Vortec V-8
- All new cabs and interiors that provide increased space and comfort, with extensive storage space
- Chevrolet MyLink, which provides powerful connectivity for work or family with simple, intuitive controls
- Integrated cruise control, auto grade braking and diesel exhaust braking (on diesel models) that help make tough towing easier
- An expanded lineup of bi-fuel trucks that run on either gasoline or compressed natural gas (CNG)
- Standard StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control on all models including 3500HD duallys.
The 2015 Silverado HD will be available with segment-exclusive safety features such as Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning with an Active Safety Seat, and Front and Rear Park Assist.
Head-curtain and seat-mounted side airbags are standard on 2500 and available on 3500 models.
An available Z71 package on 2500HD and 3500HD includes Rancho monotube shocks (2500HD only), Hill Descent Control, underbody shields, brushed-metal Z71-logo door sill plates, Z71-logo gauge cluster, uniquely finished interior trim, unique lower front bumper appearance, unique grille with Z71 badge and Z71-logo cargo box graphics.
For 2015, CNG capability will be available on both 2500 and 3500 models in all three cab styles – regular, double and crew. As with previous bi-fuel Silverado models, the CNG fuel delivery and storage system is covered under GM’s limited warranty and is serviceable by Chevrolet dealers.
Plus, all components have GM service part numbers for broad availability, providing customers with peace of mind that parts will be available to keep their vehicles on the road.