ICON Vehicle Dynamics announced the release of their first 2.5-inch suspension system for the new 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT.
Aimed at drastically improving on and off-road ride quality, the Stage 1 system includes front dual rate coil springs, rear billet aluminum coil spacers, 2.0 Aluminum Series shocks, front bump stops, adjustable sway bar end links, and all necessary hardware for a complete install.
“The JT is a very capable vehicle off of the showroom floor and with the addition of an ICON suspension system this capability is only expanded upon with improved suspension geometry and more robust components resulting in significant performance gains,” ICON reports.
Through an accelerated testing process dubbed the ICON 1K R&D program, ICON logged over a thousand miles in the dirt pushing the JT to off-road extremes to identify limiting factors in OE components and develop products that remove these limits to enhance vehicle performance.
This 2.5-inch suspension system has been tweaked, tuned, and revised several times over the course of testing to provide improved ride quality and vehicle dynamics for everything from rock crawling to high-speed desert running. Wheel travel gains are over 30 percent.
ICON’s Vehicle Dynamics 2.5-inch suspension system allows for a 35-inch tire, while ICON Alloys offers wheels in both a 4.5- and 4.75-inch backspace that provide ideal fitments for the JT. ICON will be offering an extended bump stop spacer kit that will allow for a 37-inch tire.
Additional ICON JT components are currently in development. The complete 2.5-inch suspension system lineup will be coming soon.
- 2.5″ lift height
- Fits 35″ tires (37″ with extended bump stop spacer kit)
- 33% front, 23% rear increase in wheel travel
- Improves on and off-road ride quality over stock
- Dual rate coil springs with lifetime guarantee against sagging/breakage
- Billet aluminum rear 1.375″ coil spacers eliminate the factory rake
- 2.0 Aluminum Series shocks with vehicle specific valving
- Adjustable billet aluminum front sway bar links
- 100% bolt-on system makes for an easy install
- “ICON 1K” tested under rigorous off-road conditions to validate tune, performance, strength, and durability
WHEEL & TIRE FITMENT INFO
- OEM Wheels & Tires: Yes
- Aftermarket Wheels: 8.5″ Wide, 4.50″ – 4.75″ Backspace
- Aftermarket Tires: 35″ X 12.50 (37″ tires will fit with extended bump stop spacer kit)
- Recommended Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17×8.5 / 4.50″ – 4.75″ BS