If it’s any indication of diesel’s popularity, Edelbrock just announced its first-ever high-performance cylinder head designed for an oil burner.
The all-new Edelbrock cylinder heads for 2001 through 2016 GM 6.6-liter Duramax Diesel V8 engines are a direct bolt-on replacement for any street or off-road application.
These aluminum heads come complete straight out of the box and are designed to fit all four variations of the Duramax engine that were offered in the popular Silverado and Sierra pickup trucks, as well as Chevrolet and GMC 2500/3500 HD trucks between 2001 and 2016.
Each A356 aluminum cylinder head casting is heat and pressure-treated to reduce porosity while also increasing strength and fatigue properties. Intake and exhaust runners are designed to optimize flow and motion of air in the cylinder.
Engine builders and head porters will also appreciate the extra deck and port wall material for custom porting and deck strength. California motorheads can relax. The new Edelbrock Performer heads are CARB legal.
Features and Benefits:
- Improved air flow and motion characteristics can deliver an increase in power and torque
- Designed, cast, machined and assembled in the USA
- Injector cups are integrated into the castings for LB7 applications
- Castings are treated to Hot Isostatic Press (HIP) process for strength
- Heat-treated to T7 for the extreme diesel operating environment
- Thick 16mm deck for increased cylinder pressures
- Raised rocker valley adds water volume in head
- All factory components bolt on without modification
- 50-state CARB emissions legal (E.O. #D-215-102)
Part Numbers for the New Edelbrock Duramax Cylinder Head:
- #79029 for the 2001-2004 LB7 engine
- #79059 for the 2004-1/2-2005 LLY engine (coming soon)
- #79089 for the 2006-2010 LMM engine (coming soon)
- #79119 for the 2011-2016 LML engine
For more information on Edelbrock Cylinder Heads for GM 6.6-liter Duramax Diesel engines, please visit www.edelbrock.com.