ICON Vehicle Dynamics announced today the release of its 7-inch Suspension System lineup for 2017-up Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty 4×4 trucks.
Available in five pre-staged configurations each delivering a unique level of on and off-road performance, these 7-inch suspension systems provide an approximate 50 percent increase in front wheel travel and allow for the fitment of larger and more aggressive tires up to 37 inches tall.
These 7-inch suspension systems are designed around ICON’s dual rate front coil springs and progressive rear leaf springs, which have been engineered to strike a perfect balance between on-road comfort and off-road performance.
ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2.0 Aluminum Series front and rear shocks have been valved specifically for the increased chassis rigidity of the 2017-up Ford Super Duty. This vehicle-specific valve code yields balanced performance of the vehicle from front to rear for excellent ride characteristics across varying terrain. As the stages increase, larger 2.5 Series shock options and additional technology like the CDC Valve are offered to drastically increase overall damping ability and allow for end user ride adjustability.
An all-new ICON track bar was designed for the 2017-up F-250 and F-350 and features a heavy-duty OE replacement ball joint and a high strength FK Rod End bearing for precise fit and function.
Radius arm drop brackets and ICON 4-link brackets are also completely new designs that have been created with exceptional strength in mind.
“The ICON Vehicle Dynamics Ford Super Duty 4-link kit (featured in the Stage 4 and 5 systems), improves performance by eliminating suspension bind commonly experienced with factory radius arms during articulation,” ICON reports in a press release. “This ‘freeing up’ of the front end and the ability of the 4-link kit to maintain positive caster through the range of travel equates to an unparalleled ride quality in all conditions. ICON’s dual opposing 2.0 Aluminum Series steering stabilizer kit is included in all stages to further improve the control and overall handling of the vehicle.”
- Fits 2017-up F-250 / F-350 4WD applications
- Approximately 50 percent increased front wheel travel over stock
- ICON-engineered dual rate coil springs deliver exceptional vehicle control over varying terrain
- New leaf springs improve ride quality and compliance without reducing towing capacity
- Radius arm drop brackets correct geometry and caster for optimal alignment specs
- 4-link system eliminates binding during articulation and maintains positive caster through the entire range of travel
- ICON shocks feature vehicle specific tune for superior performance and ride quality
- Shocks are fully rebuildable and revalvable
- Corrosion resistant anodized shock body with 5/8-inch shaft (2.0 Aluminum Series shocks)
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated shock body with 7/8-inch shaft (2.5 Series shocks)
- FK Rod End bearings provide extended longevity and minimal deflection
- ICON CDC Valve allows quick and easy end user compression adjustability
- Lifetime guarantee against coil spring breakage or sag
- Lifetime guarantee against ICON fabricated component breakage or manufacturer defect
- Lift heights based on 4WD crew cab diesel configuration
- Gas trucks will yield slightly taller front lift height
- Radius arm and 4-link brackets require minor drilling for installation
WHEEL & TIRE FITMENT INFO:
- OEM Wheels & Tires: Yes
- Aftermarket Wheels: 8.5-9-inch wide, 5-inch backspace
- Aftermarket Tires: 37- X 12.50-inch (Larger Tires May Fit but Fender Trimming and Modifications will be Required)
- Recommended Wheel: : ICON Alloys ‘Alpha’ | 20×9, 5-inch BS, 0mm Offset