Rand McNally has launched three new driver solutions that address cab connectivity, advanced navigation and electronic logging which the company says will meet the challenges of the swiftly changing commercial trucking market.
Following its early May launch of the OverDryve 8 Pro—an all-in-one dashboard device with hands-free connected features, navigation, SiriusXM radio and an 8-inch screen—Rand McNally has unveiled the OverDryve 7 Pro, with a 7-inch screen and all the same features. The OverDryve 7 Pro, part of Rand McNally’s OverDryve OS Connected Vehicle platform, is also E-Log ready.
The company also announced an all-new, dedicated truck navigation GPS device, the TND 540, which replaces the TND 530 and represents the fifth generation 5-inch TND device. Several months ago, the company launched the fifth-generation 7-inch device, the TND 740. The new device, with a 5-inch, high-definition screen, rounds out the company’s dedicated truck GPS portfolio.
As the ELD mandate approaches, Rand McNally also has developed a Wi-Fi and cellular-enabled device that snaps together with the highly popular TND 740 truck GPS device to add compliant electronic logging to the device. For those drivers looking to minimize the number of devices in the cab, using the new DC 200 S module in conjunction with the TND 740 creates an all-in-one solution.
“Our focus is to constantly innovate and develop new products that help streamline the daily drives and businesses of professional drivers,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “This most recent expansion of our portfolio provides options that meet head-on new regulations, increased safety requirements, and the wishes of drivers looking for ways to make their on-duty and off-duty time more enjoyable.”
The new lineup includes:
OverDryve 7 Pro
Ideal for those who prefer a slightly smaller screen-size without sacrificing any features of the original OverDryve 8 Pro, the OverDryve 7 Pro brings together critical driving and business tools, in-cab entertainment, and hands-free safety features, including:
- A bright, 7-inch high-resolution screen that provides access to key items at a glance
- Rand McNally truck-specific navigation and routing with truck POIs, advanced lane guidance, toll costs, warnings, fuel logs and more
- Hands-free calling and texting
- Voice assistance
- Audible news, weather, traffic, sports and more
- Music from drivers’ favorite sources
- A built-in dash camera
- A clever, easy to install magnetic mount that makes attaching and removing the device a snap
- A smart “slice” in the mount that provides an additional GPS receiver as well as a built-in SiriusXM® radio
- And, the device comes pre-loaded with the Rand McNally DriverConnect2 logbook app which can be paired with a compatible Rand McNally ELD device to provide a fully compliant electronic logging solution.
Learn more at randmcnally.com/overdryvepro
The TND 540, Rand McNally’s dedicated truck GPS device with a 5-inch screen, has been redesigned inside and out, with upgraded features and technology to work more quickly and seamlessly. The TND 540 includes:
- A high resolution 5-inch screen with a bright display
- Seamless, over-the-air map updates
- Smooth and responsive award-winning truck navigation
- Millions of truck POIs along with weather, traffic, and fuel prices along the route
- Updated and simplified icons for easier at-a-glance recognition
- Audio-out capability, enabling drivers to route their device sound through their truck audio systems
- Twice as much storage capacity as previous generations
- Powerful quad core processor for faster routing and actions
- And, the device comes pre-loaded with the Rand McNally DriverConnect logbook app which can be paired with a compatible Rand McNally ELD device to provide a fully compliant electronic logging solution.
Learn more at randmcnally.com/tnd540
DC 200 S
The DC 200 S takes all of the features of Rand McNally’s DC 200 E-Log and fleet management device, and turns it into a compact “slice” that snaps together with the TND 740 to create an all-in-one ELD and GPS system.
- The DC 200 S replaces the TND 740’s “slice,” magnetically snapping together with the GPS device and sliding onto the magnetic mount.
- The DC 200 S easily installs into the truck’s JBUS diagnostic port using a single Y cable that powers both the TND 740 and DC 200 S
- A built-in cellular modem in the DC 200 S sends data continuously to the Rand McNally Driver Connect web portal, which provides access to six months of logs and more.
- The DC 200 S automatically works with the Rand McNally DriverConnect app, which comes pre-installed on the TND 740, and detaches easily for roadside inspections
- Various levels of subscriptions and features are available for drivers as well as for larger fleets.
Learn more at randmcnally.com/dc200s