ICON Vehicle Dynamics S2 Secondary Shock System is now available for the 2007-up Toyota Tundra.
The system allows for the installation of a secondary shock to an existing ICON coilover setup which can greatly increase suspension performance. For instance, the addition of a secondary 2.5 Series Piggyback or Omega Bypass shock will effectively double the damping ability of the vehicle’s front suspension.
As opposed to long travel kits, ICON reports that its S2 System is an affordable, mostly bolt-on upgrade that drastically increases off-road performance, is easy to install, and has a modular design that allows 2007-up Toyota Tundra owners to upgrade in steps or all at once.
The S2 Secondary Shock System utilizes the factory lower control arms and maintains OE track width while a combination of a billet aluminum shock tower adapters, fabricated shock hoops, and steel lower shock mounts make for a straightforward install.
The system was designed to eliminate the need for any major alteration of the vehicle’s frame or any other factory suspension components, and the components are removable in case the system is to be installed on another vehicle. While the Tundra S2 system does not utilize a lower control arm skid plate like ICON’s other S2 applications, it does incorporate a lower shock mount with a built-in shield which helps to protect the shock from any potential trail damage.
Multiple secondary shock options including 2.5 Series Piggyback Reservoir shocks, 2.5 Series CDC Valve shocks, and 2.5 Omega Series Bypasses mean the S2 upgrade can add unique levels of performance and adjustability to an existing ICON suspension system.
These secondary shocks not only double the damping ability of the vehicle’s front suspension, but the remote reservoir shock configuration and increased oil volume allow for the vehicle to be used harder for longer durations of time without experiencing any shock fade that could lead to degraded performance. Each secondary option has been designed specifically for the S2 application, eliminating the need for any shock tuning outside of the built-in CDC or bypass adjustments.
ICON products are all proudly made in the U.S. at their Southern California-based facility by a dedicated team of off-road enthusiasts.
With a reputation for quality, performance, and service it’s clear that ICON Vehicle Dynamics is the top choice for performance suspension systems and shock absorbers for the 2007-UP Toyota Tundra.
- Drastically improves vehicle damping ability off-road
- Increased vehicle stability on-road
- Utilizes factory lower control arms
- Maintains OE track width
- Vehicle-specific tuned secondary shocks provide increased damping and oil volume
- CDC Valve technology allows for 10 settings of quick and easy compression damping adjustment
- Omega Series two-tube bypass allows for 24 settings of compression and rebound damping adjustment
- Shocks are fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Simple and straightforward installation
- Made in the USA
- The ICON Vehicle Dynamics S2 Secondary Shock upgrades are stand-alone kits and are not to be used in conjunction with any other aftermarket suspension kits
- Wheel spacers not required
- Minimal trimming of the inner fender is required
- Welding required (lower shock mount)
- Omega Bypass secondary shocks are not compatible with Remote Reservoir coilovers
- Does not work with OEM coilover assembly
- ICON cannot guarantee fitment of S2 systems with other manufacturer’s upper control arms