In keeping pace with growing interest in commercial electric vehicles and last-mile delivery, Goodyear launched its first EV tire and rolled out a new addition to their Fuel Max lineup.
To help fleets better prepare for battery-electric vans and trucks, which are tougher on tires than their ICE counterparts, Goodyear recently rolled out its first “Electric Drive Ready” tire, the Endurance RSA ULT.
Compatible with EV and gas- or diesel-powered work vehicles, the Endurance RSA ULT is Goodyear’s premium 17.5-inch all-position tire for last-mile delivery vehicles, pickup trucks and light trucks. The Endurance RSA ULT is equipped to handle the higher load capacities of EVs and features IntelliMax Rib Technology which stiffens tire tread, resulting in longer tread life. Check out the video below for more information.
Other features for the Endurance RSA ULT include:
- New tread geometry applied to the bottom of the grooves helps reduce stress and casing damage
- Deep, open zig-zag tread pattern with stone-penetration protectors help enhance traction and resist stone retention on urban streets
- Aggressive tread design with mud and snow (M+S) and three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) designations helps improve performance in challenging winter driving conditions
- Premium casing provides toughness and durability from curbing for maximum retread-ability
“As electrification shapes the future of the trucking industry and the last-mile delivery market accelerates at a rapid pace, we’re relentlessly innovating as we develop new tires to help fleets meet evolving expectations,” said Jessica Julian, Goodyear’s product marketing manager. “The launch of the fuel-saving Fuel Max RSA and EV-ready Endurance RSA underscores Goodyear’s commitment to offering specialized tires for every application so companies can find the right solution for their fleets.”
New Fuel Max RSA ULT
Fuel Max RSA ULT is Goodyear’s premium 19.5-inch regional pickup and delivery-combination commercial tire. Balancing traction, fuel efficiency and mileage, the new tire features:
- Goodyear’s Fuel Max Technology, a tread compound that offers low rolling resistance for better fuel efficiency, which helps deliver longer wear and lowers cost per mile
- M+S and 3PMSF designations for all-season traction, including in the winter
- New enhanced casing providing durability and maximizing retread-ability
Goodyear’s Fuel Max RSA 19.5-inch ULT is available now in sizes 225/70R19.5 and 245/70R19.5 for regional, pickup and delivery, last-mile delivery, emergency response and electric utility applications.