Lance Kilburn, of RTC – Atlanta, was named Overall Medium-Duty Champion at the Rush Tech Rodeo Tuesday night. Kilburn also finished second in the medium-duty International division.
Jason Swann, of Rush Truck Center (RTC) – Dallas, was named Overall Grand Champion at the 2013 Rush Tech Rodeo Tuesday night. Swann also took top honors in the heavy-duty Eaton category and was also named Heavy-Duty Grand Champion.
Swann took the Overall Heavy-Duty crown for the fourth time in his career, and took home $15,500 in cash and prizes Tuesday night, not including an racing helmet and fire suit autographed by NASCAR racer Tony Stewart.
Kilburn won $9,500 in cash and prizes along with a dollar an hour pay raise.
Other winners in this year’s competition were:
• Gonzalo Uribe, natural gas
• Louis Fontano, refuse
• Jayson McCarty, bus
• Humberto Elizondo, body repair
• Celestino Ramirez, body paint
• Steven Brain, medium-duty Hino
• Gavin Mathews, medium-duty Isuzu
• Gary Fassett, medium-duty International
• Mark Jones, medium-duty Peterbilt
Steven Brain was named Medium-Duty Reserve Champion and Ron Crofutt was named Heavy-Duty Reserve Champion.