Pickup’s Value Strong After 5 Years
According to Kelley Blue Book’s 2014 Residual Value Analysis, pickups have strong 60-month residual value
According to the 2014 Residual Analysis Report published by Kelley Blue Book, trucks continue to hold their value better than cars, with the average 60-month residual value across all trucks at 41.7 percent compared to the 37.8 percent average across all cars.
Pickup truck segments, both mid-size and full-size, have the highest segment residual values after five years.
In contrast, pure electric vehicles like the Nissan Leaf and Ford Focus EV have not been in high demand by consumers who have enjoyed moderate fuel prices during the past 12 months.
Kelley Blue Book’s Full 2014 Residual Analysis Report Includes:
- The 2014 Best Resale Value Award winners
- Best Residual Value Brands 2014 vs. 2013
- Residual forecasts for truck and utility, compact, subcompact, mid-size car, and plug-in vehicle segments
- Analysis of domestic brand residual values
- Analysis of foreign brand residual values, including Japanese, European and Korean automakers