General Tire’s Red Letter Grabber
General Tire’s red-letter Grabber, which is found under ProPickup’s Surveyor 1 Ram 2500HD project truck, is an extreme traction, all-terrain tire with exceptional off-road capability for light trucks and SUVs.
The Grabber was developed specifically for light truck enthusiasts driving full-sized trucks that enjoy challenging off-road driving.
Born from short-course and desert racing competition, the Grabber combines red letter sidewall styling*, rugged good looks, an aggressive tread design and three-ply reinforced casing to stand up to off-road challenges and on-road conditions.
The Grabber features General Tire’s Duragen compound molded into their patented Strake & Chamfer symmetric tread pattern.
Strake grooves sweep from one shoulder to the other to open the tread lug-face to the terrain while chamfered lug corners create pockets throughout the pattern to expose the edges of adjacent lugs enhancing traction in mud, dirt and silt.
The Grabber’s vertical-edge shoulder blocks (which alternate between being stepped in and out) and multi-angled sidewall protectors work to deliver side bite and puncture protection.
The Grabber tread design is refined with General Tire’s Acoustic Modulation Sound Technology (AMST) a sound wave suppression technology that helps reduce tire noise on the road.
The tire’s internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon on top of a tough, three-ply reinforced casing designed to stand up to off-road challenges and on-road conditions. General Tire’s Reactive Contour Technology promotes even tread wear throughout the life of the tire.
While Off-Road Maximum Traction tires are branded with the M+S symbol and able to churn through deep snow, their typical oversize applications and the absence of snow-biting sipes in their large smooth lugs can challenge their on-road wintertime traction on packed snow and icy surfaces.
*Red Letter Information and Care Instructions
Red letter sidewall styling is derived from Grabber off-road racing tires and affixed to the tire as a vulcanized label that requires special care and can be damaged by contact with curbs and off-road hazards.
What not to do with the Grabber red lettering:
- Do not use gas, alcohol or petroleum based solvents.
- Do not use direct high-pressure water.
- Avoid rough brushes or any other abrasive materials.
Red Lettering does age during service and may change slightly in appearance:
- If hit by debris or curbs, the red lettering may show areas of damage.
- In the case of noticeable discoloration, the red lettering should be cleaned with special car cleaners designed for rubber and plastics.
- Apply small amount of cleaner on soft towel and carefully wipe evenly over the red lettering.
General Grabber Features
- 3-Ply Construction
- Reactive Contour Technology
- Race inspired sidewall design
- Acoustic Modulation Sound Technology (AMST®)
- Patented Strake & Chamfer tread Pattern
General Grabber Benefits
- Race proven 3-Ply construction provides driving confidence under the world’s most extreme conditions
- Even tread wear throughout the life of the tire
- Multi-angled sidewall protectors help prevent punctures. Competition inspired red letters
- Sound wave suppression that works to reduce road noise
- Delivers high levels of off-road traction while providing smooth on-road performance
- Grabber carries a 30 day trial If for any reason, excluding conditions listed under Sec. 5 of the Limited Warranty & Adjustment Policy, within 30 days of purchase you are not satisfied with your new set of (4) tires you may either exchange all or any one tire for a corresponding number of the same tires or purchase a different set of General Tire brand tires. Tires received as original equipment on a new vehicle are not covered by this Trial.