Ram Truck Launches Commercial Division
- Ram Commercial offers full line of industrial-strength trucks built for workers and businesses to provide maximum capability and productivity while delivering low total cost of ownership
- Ram Commercial incorporates a dedicated team including sales, marketing, product development and world-class customer support
- Ram Commercial offers exclusive pre- and post-sale solutions with BusinessLink and On the Job customer service programs
Ram Truck is launching a new division to focus on commercial truck development, sales and support in a growing market.
Embodied by the Tradesman trim level available on all models, the new Ram Commercial organization offers a full line of industrial-strength trucks and vans.
The new Ram Commercial division integrates a growing network of Ram BusinessLink dealers focused on the needs of commercial customers.
Ram Commercial also will help offset the cost of doing business with On The Job incentives, specifically designed to lower the expense of commercial upfits.
Both programs address professional needs for every job.
Timing of Ram Commercial launch aligns with the upcoming launch of the all-new Ram ProMaster and positive commercial demand. With the entire auto industry growing by two million units year over year in 2012, and further growth expected in 2013, commercial business will be key as it represents about one quarter of the total volume.
“Ram Truck is committed to delivering the best value proposition with low total cost of ownership across the entire product line up. From the Ram 5500 Chassis Cab to the Ram C/V, we’re providing best-in-class capability and technology,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO, Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico — Chrysler Group LLC.
“We’ve not only taken steps to expand and improve our product offerings but created and built upon customer service solutions, following through with BusinessLink and On the Job programs for customers who use their truck as a critical tool for business.”
Ram Commercial targets countless businesses in a variety of industries, including service and repairs, construction, transportation/shipping, large-medium-small businesses and agriculture.
The economy has incurred pent up demand to replace aging commercial fleets and vehicles that are no longer offered in the market. This has created opportunity and Ram Commercial will be there with a variety of capable and efficient vehicles.
A vehicle is designated “commercial” under one of the following circumstances:
- Titled in a company or corporation
- Used for business but titled in an individual’s name (sole proprietor)
- Exceeds 26,000 lbs. GVWR
- Used to haul any hazardous material