Shell Spirax® S6 ATF A295 Meets Allison TES 295 Spec
In a joint effort with Allison Transmission to meet the growing global demand for heavy duty automatic transmissions, Shell Lubricants has introduced Shell Spirax® S6 ATF A295 synthetic automatic transmission fluid.
The new lubricant is approved against Allison’s stringent TES-295 specification for extended warranty and extended drain intervals.
Shell Spirax® S6 ATF A295 can be relied on to last up to 300,000 miles under normal conditions or 150,000 miles under severe conditions without risk to the transmission components or warranty.
Shell Spirax S6 ATF A295 enables vehicles to go to the maximum oil-drain intervals allowed by Allison with the confidence that the transmission components are protected.
“Shell Lubricants worked extensively with Allison in the development of Shell Spirax® S6 ATF A295,” said Stede Granger, OEM technical manager, Shell Lubricants. “Through this process, it became clear that Spirax S6 ATF A295 is more than just a lubricant it is also a key component of the transmission.”
Shell Spirax® S6 ATF A295 will provide Allison fleet and owner-operator customers with protection for their automatic transmissions from wear, pitting and corrosion. It helps to extend vehicle time in service and reduce the cost per mile of operation through lower maintenance costs.
Additional characteristics include:
- Exceptional wear protection for longer transmission life
- Excellent resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown provides longer oil life.
- Superior friction characteristics and friction retention
- Excellent low-temperature capability
- Improved reliability in older Allison transmissions
- Works with Allison Prognostics – Allison’s maintenance reminder system