Cobra Vedetta radar detector system
Radar/laser detection system sets new Standard in ergonomics, range, advanced features
The Cobra Vedetta Ultimate Detection Systems Series boasts a 30 percent increase in performance over Cobra’s current flagship model, providing stellar range and more than ample time to react to potential threats.
The Vedetta ($199-$299) line sports a 2.4-inch TFT color LCD display on a multi-axis hinge and a ball-socket suction cup mounting bracket, which allows the driver to mount the detector virtually anywhere on the windshield or dash of their automobile.
The display can be rotated 270 degrees vertically and 60 degrees horizontally. Mounting radar/laser detectors on the center of the windshield has historically been critical for performance, but is not necessarily ideal for driver visibility as well as unit concealment.
In addition to setting a new benchmark among detection systems for form factor, and driver ergonomics, Cobra offers an integrated GPS receiver and free, lifetime access to its AURA™ national database of speed/red-light cameras and known speed trap locations.
Cobra Vedetta Series Key Features:
- Maximum range and selectivity for advance warnings on all radar and laser guns currently utilized in the U.S.
- Integrated GPS Receiver and AURA Speed/Red-Light Camera and Known Speed Traps database alerts the driver well in advance of location-based threats with coverage in throughout the U.S. and Canada (available on SLR 650G)
- Industry’s first detection system with 2.4-inch full-color high-def display with intuitive graphical user interface
- Backlit touch-sensor controls for easy configuration/customization, while eliminating display smudging
- Industry’s first detection system that allows mounting virtually anywhere on the car’s windshield or dash for increased performance and visibility.
- Industry’s first detector with multi-axis hinge display
- IntelliMute™ speed-sensitive muting system virtually eliminates false alerts, and automatically mutes unwanted alerts below user-set engine RPM level
- Voice Alert – Provides band-specific annunciation of the radar/laser gun being detected
- SmartPower – Automatically shuts power to the unit when the ignition is turned off
- POP Mode Radar Gun Detection – Detects ultra-fast, Instant-On radar guns
- Signal Strength Meter – Provides range proximity of the radar guns detected
- 8-Point GPS Compass provides vehicle-heading information (available on SLR 600 and SLR 650G)
- User-selectable Speed Alert – Alerts the driver when the vehicle exceeds user-set speed limit
- User-marked locations can be stored in unit’s memory (up to 1,000 locations)
- New IntelliShield™ – Quad-level False Signal Rejection System reduces false alerts in densely populated urban areas