Ram announced today that it’s increased both payload and towing ratings for the 2019 Ram ProMaster.
Ram has also updated the exterior of its popular ProMaster and ProMaster City vans. The most notable visual cues are the redesign of both vans’ front fascias now integrating the ‘RAM’ grille theme carried over from the pickup line.
“Ram has taken a larger presence in the commercial vehicle market with the help of our Ram ProMaster and Ram ProMaster City,” Mike Manley, head of Ram Brand – FCA. “Our van offerings answer the key segment demands with class-exclusive features, greater capability and low total cost of ownership.”
Also shared between Ram ProMaster and ProMaster City are additional fleet-friendly technologies, including Ram Telematics. Powered by Verizon Connect, Ram Telematics allows for vehicle tracking and driver behavior data to help save money on fuel, improve route efficiency and promote safe driving. Additionally, the new system offers real-time vehicle diagnostics and performance data.
2019 Ram ProMaster
The 2019 Ram ProMaster adds three new models:
- ProMaster 2500 Cargo Van 136-inch wheelbase low roof
- ProMaster 3500 Cargo Van 136-inch wheelbase low roof
- ProMaster 3500 Cargo Van 136-inch wheelbase high roof
Ram ProMaster also builds on capability with increases in payload, as much as 240 lbs., to a maximum of 4,680, boasting the highest payload of any Class 2 cargo van on the market today. In fact, Ram ProMaster has the highest available standard payload in the segment in all three payload classes.
- ProMaster 1500 – 4,000 pounds
- ProMaster 2500 – 4,230 pounds
- ProMaster 3500 – 4,680 pounds – Best-in-Class
The full-size Ram ProMaster has also added a 30 percent increase in towing capacity—up to 6,800 pounds. To enhance the new towing weights, a new trailer-tow group is available adding a Class IV receiver hitch with four- and seven-pin wiring harness.
Upfitter-friendly technology for Ram ProMaster includes a Vehicle System Interface Module (VSIM) with 13 inputs and 41 outputs (54 total). The VSIM feature gives upfitters quick and reliable connections to vehicle systems. New optional interior LED lighting is 20 times brighter and offers integrated motion sensors for added convenience.
The exterior design on Ram ProMaster not only receives the new ‘RAM’ grille treatment but also new black bumpers, side panels and optional black steel wheels. Polycarbonate side rear windows are now available on high roof models as are side rear windows with steel grates on low roof models.
Available in 18 configurations, the ProMaster is Ram Commercial’s entry for the Class 2 full-size van segment. The 2019 Ram ProMaster full-size van has an exclusive front-wheel-drive system, reducing weight and complexity by locating all components beneath the cab. This keeps the cargo-load-floor height and step-in height very low. It also helps in low-traction surfaces, like snow, since there is always weight on the front wheels to provide traction.
Ram ProMaster best-in-class features:
- Standard 280 horsepower with 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine paired with a proven six-speed automatic transmission.
- Turning diameter
- Standard interior cargo height
- Load-floor height
- Cargo width between wheel wells
- Maximum cargo width
Ram ProMaster City
The 2019 Ram ProMaster City competes in the compact Class 1 van segment with a focus on commercial customer needs and total cost of ownership. The smaller of two van offerings from Ram is available in two-seat Tradesman cargo van and five-seat passenger wagon configurations in two different trims (Tradesman and SLT).
Ram ProMaster City best-in-class features:
- Payload – 1,885 pounds
- Cargo volume – 131.7 cubic feet
- 178 horsepower and 174 lb.-ft. of torque mated to an exclusive nine-speed automatic transmission
- Cargo width and length – 60.4 inches and 87.2 inches
- Cargo width between wheel wells – 48.4 inches
- Wheelbase – 122.4 inches
- 448-mile driving range with standard engine
- 2019 Ram ProMaster 1500 Cargo Van 118” Low Roof – Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) $30,195 base plus $1,645 destination
- 2019 Ram ProMaster City Cargo Van – MSRP of $24,195 plus $1,545 destination; Wagon – MSRP of $25.845 plus $1,545 destination