PRO HD GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM
Intuitive, high definition 7-inch touch screen display
CHICAGO, IL — July 16, 2012: Cobra Electronics Corporation(NASDAQ: COBR), the leading designer and marketer of Citizens Band (CB) radios and GPS navigation systems for professional drivers, today announced the general availability of Cobra 8000 Pro HD, a state-of-the-art GPS navigation system packed with powerful, productivity-enhancing features and certified highest in route quality and reliability, ensuring professional drivers reach their destination safely and efficiently.
Following on the heels of the award-winning and highly popular Cobra 7750 Platinum navigation unit, the new 8000 Pro HD sports a thin, lightweight and bright High Definition touch screen display, making it easier than ever for truckers to navigate the road and access the unit’s rich array of capabilities. Other key features include truck-optimized route guidance, live and predictive traffic congestion information, free lifetime map updates and lifetime access to Cobra’s AURA national database of speed/red-light cameras, dangerous intersections and known speed trap locations.
Cobra 8000 Pro HD Highlights:
– 7-inch full-color, high-definition touch screen display with easy-to-use interface and clear voice directions
– Free Live and Predictive traffic information, helping commercial drivers avoid congestion and costly delays
– Free Lifetime map updates to ensure that professional drivers are always current with the latest road information
– Junction View with Lane Assist providing drivers with 3D images of upcoming highway junctions as well as lane guidance and enhanced turn-by- turn directions
– Multi-point Routing provides optimal routing for multiple destinations to reduce fuel cost
– The 8000 Pro HD includes more than 33,000 trucker-friendly Points-of-Interest such as travel center locations, detailed amenity information, fueling stations, restaurants, rest stops, heavy duty towing services, truck and trailer repair shops, truck-friendly hotels, weigh stations, certified scales, and more courtesy of ProMiles and TruckDown
– Database partner TomTom provides more than 1 million additional miles of road coverage in the U.S. than the competing map, along with 17x more last mile (dock-to-dock) coverage and 4x more trucking attribute coverage on secondary highways
– State Mileage Log to easily track miles within a state for IFTA reporting
– Hours-of-Service timers for drivers to conveniently track their On-Duty, Off-Duty and Driving Time for regulatory compliance
– Free lifetime updates to Cobra’s AURA Speed/Red-Light Camera database, which helps alert drivers well in advance of known speed and red light cameras, dangerous intersections and location-based threats throughout the U.S. and Canada
“Our team set out on a mission to design a next generation GPS navigation unit tailored precisely to the demanding needs of professional drivers, with a comprehensive set of features yet highly intuitive interface to make truckers lives as efficient and productive as possible,” said Sally Washlow, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Cobra Electronics. “Our new 8000 Pro HD achieves those goals, and demonstrates our continued commitment to the safety and communication needs of the professional driver community.”
Pricing & Availability:
The Cobra 8000 Pro HD is available nationwide at travel centers, CB shops, truck dealers and on the company’s website at www.cobra.com with an MSRP of $449.95.
About Cobra Electronics:
Cobra Electronics is a leading global designer and marketer of communication and navigation products, with a track record of delivering innovative and award-winning products. Building upon its leadership position in the GMRS/FRS two-way radio, radar detector and Citizens Band radio industries, Cobra identified new growth opportunities and has aggressively expanded into the marine market and has expanded its European operations. The Consumer Electronics Association, Forbes and Deloitte & Touche have all recognized Cobra for the company’s innovation and industry leadership. To learn more about Cobra Electronics, please visit the Cobra site at www.cobra.com.
Follow Cobra on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CobraElectronic and Like Us at www.facebook.com/CobraElectronics.