LAW ENFORCEMENT AND MILITARY GEAR HAULER
Custom-Built F-450 made to showcase tools for SWAT and Special Forces
North Hills, Calif. (May 16, 2012) – Southern California-based custom-shop Galpin Auto Sports (G.A.S.) today announced the debut of its latest custom creation, a special Ford F-450 dubbed “The B.E.A.S.T.,” or Breaching Entry Assault System Trainer. The lifted black Ford was built in coordination with the leading law enforcement and military gear manufacturer 5.11 Tactical as a way of demonstrating their new line of breaching and entry tools developed with Sweden Entry Tools (S.E.T.) for law enforcement, fire departments and Special Forces.
The Galpin-built B.E.A.S.T. is designed to be the ultimate marketing and demonstration platform for 5.11 Tactical’s new breaching and entry tools.
G.A.S. modified the heavy-duty Ford – which started life as an F-450 FX4 – with the mission of accommodating an easily deployable steel security door weighing more than 600 pounds from the bed of the truck that demonstrates how the tools function.
In addition to the fabrication work needed to accommodate the steel door and breaching tools display – which included mounting hardware and a custom utility box required to stow and hide the security door – G.A.S. also customized the truck with a variety of hand-fabricated and custom-tailored pieces that include:
• Custom-tailored interior that features 5.11 Tactical’s branding subtly incorporated • Dash panels, headliner and console areas wrapped in 5.11’s Flextac and 1050D clothing materials
• Custom seat inserts reupholstered in 5.11 clothing material
• Custom flashlight, knife, and accessory pockets throughout seating area
• Custom diamond plate floor mats hand-formed to fit in the foot wells
• Integrated DVD headrests in both drivers and passengers seats
• Custom painted satin color matched interior trim pieces
Tires, Wheels and Suspension
• Custom-fabricated six-inch lift kit utilizing Fabtech Dirt Logic 4.0 coil-over suspension and piggyback shock fluid reservoirs
• 22-inch custom powder coated satin black American Force Classic wheels
• 22-inch Nitto TerraGrappler tires measuring 37 x 12.50
• Dual steering stabilizers and radius arm kit
• Custom fabricated mount and bracket assemblies
• Matching satin black painted front and rear Road Armor bumpers • Integrated high intensity discharge (H.I.D.) front PIAA fog lamps and a 10,000-pound front mounted Warn winch
• Custom water jet-cut diamond plate covers and exterior trim accents
• Custom fabricated, backlit, side steps with 5.11 and “B.E.A.S.T.” branding
• Front and rear strobe lighting
• Custom 5.11 Tactical mesh grille with hand painted pinstripe accents
• 150db high-output triple train horn system
• 50-Watt electronic siren and P.A. system
Rear Utility Cover
• Unique one-off hand-fabricated Line-X lined rear cab area designed to store and deploy a breaching door weighing more than 600 pounds by just one person
• Custom upper and lower track system for smooth door movement and deployment
• Custom designed and hand-fabricated side storage areas that accommodate 5.11 Tactical breaching tool storage and a LED lit merchandise display
• Dual rear facing monitors (linked to interior monitors) integrated into the utility cover barn doors to allow training videos to be played demonstrating 5.11 Tactical tools
• Two standard 110V wall power outlets accommodating plug-in accessories
Following its debut to a crowd of special operators and LAPD SWAT Team members at G.A.S. in late April, the mobile marketing and demonstration platform will tour the country visiting national and regional SWAT team conferences and special operator symposiums’ showcasing the new tools 5.11 Tactical® developed in conjunction with S.E.T.
A full calendar of events The B.E.A.S.T. will be attending is available by visiting the 5.11 Tactical® website at www.511tactical.com/breaching. For additional information on G.A.S. please visit, www.galpinautosports.com.
About Galpin Auto Sports
Galpin Auto Sports, located at 15600 Roscoe Blvd. in Van Nuys offers customizing and personalizing services on all new and pre-owned vehicles including hot rod, collector and classic cars. Galpin has been customizing vehicles for more than 50 years, pioneering many automotive customizing firsts, and was the official garage for MTV’s Pimp My Ride. For more information on Galpin Auto Sports’ unique products and services, please contact G.A.S. General Manager, Steve McCord ([email protected]), at (877)-GO-GAS-GO or visit the website at www.galpinautosports.com.
About 5.11 Tactical Series
5.11 Tactical Series, with the assistance of public safety individuals, creates innovative products that enhance the safety, speed and performance of law enforcement, military, fire and EMS professionals worldwide. Built on a foundation of durability, quality and value that began with the authentic 5.11 Tactical Pant, 5.11’s team of over 400 employees leads the industry in delivering the world’s most innovative gear, head to toe. By working directly with end-users and utilizing the expertise of highly qualified subject matter experts, all 5.11 products exceed rigorous and exacting standards. Learn more about 5.11’s best-selling tactical clothing, uniforms, station-wear, outerwear, footwear and accessories at www.5.11Tactical.com.
Two leading team members from a Swedish HRT team created Sweden Entry Tools (SET). Lars Ingesson has been the Lead Breacher and instructor on the full-time HRT team since 2000 and was the head of Sweden’s National Breaching Project when the tools were first developed. Lars has trained many of the best-known tactical teams in Europe in mechanical and explosive breaching. Patrik is a former HRT Team Leader with an engineering background.