One of the busiest times of year for work trucks is the summer, and while the days of the $4 gallon may seem like they’re in the rearview mirror, gas prices have actually been rising all year – 30% since January, in fact.
In order to help consumers and small business owners keep pace with this price rebound, and reduce the toll that summer driving takes on vehicle operating costs, CardHub today released its selections for 2015’s Best Gas Credit Cards.
Below you can find a few of our editor’s picks, chosen from more than 1,000 offers due to their high yields on fill-ups at particular stations or on any gas purchase.
Any-Station Gas Rewards
- PenFed Platinum Rewards – 5 points/$1 on gas, 3 points/$1 at the supermarket, 1 point/$1 on all other purchases. You will have to join PenFed, but anyone can do so for $15.
- Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express – 3% cash back at gas stations and select department stores, 6% at supermarkets and 1% everywhere else. $150 initial bonus for spending $1K in the first three months. $75 annual fee.
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card – 3 points/$1 on travel (including gas), 2 points/$1 on dining and entertainment and 1 point/$1 on everything else. $500 initial bonus for spending $3K in the first three months. $95 annual fee waived year one.
Station-Specific Gas Rewards
- Marathon Credit Card: $0.25/gal. rebate (~6.8% cash back, based on current prices) in months you charge $1K+. $0.05 – $0.15/gal. when you spend less. Rebates are doubled in the first 90 days. No annual fee.
- Chevron & Texaco Credit Card: $0.30/gallon rebate (~8.1% cash back, based on current prices) for the first 60 days. $0.20/gal. thereafter in months you spend more than $1K, and $0.10/gal. for spending $300-$1K.
For the complete list of 2015’s Best Gas Credit Cards, as well as additional money-saving gas tips, please visit:https://wallethub.com/best-gas-credit-cards