Telogis cloud-based technology helps Ford Telematics deliver innovative fleet management solutions for global commercial vehicle customers
Ford Motor Company introduces Ford Telematics™ powered by Telogis® to help fleets run more efficient operations and better serve their customers.
Ford Telematics is the next generation of the fleet management platform previously known as Crew Chief™ powered by Telogis, which was available in the United States and Canada. The new version will be available globally and adds new features and analytics.
“Commercial trucks have to be more than delivery boxes on wheels, and innovations like Ford Telematics are critical to helping our fleet customers succeed,” said Raj Nair, Ford chief technical officer and group vice president, Global Product Development.
“Ford, in coordination with Telogis, is leading the development of smart solutions for hardworking fleets so they can maximize their operations to better serve their customers.”
The technology is designed to provide exclusive metrics and insights for any size commercial fleet.
Ford Telematics services and features include:
- Mobile connectivity: Connects workers in the field with fleet managers to coordinate Department of Transportation compliance (including hours of service and driver vehicle inspection reports), work orders and more
- Data reporting: Ford-exclusive data and services for more vehicle intelligence, such as diesel emissions and idle time
- Workflow and information gateways: Integration with new workflows, scripted alerts and application programming interfaces that connect Ford Telematics with customer information systems to leverage data in new ways in the back office or in the field
- In-cab alerts: Provide audible driver feedback on harsh acceleration, hard braking, excessive speed and excessive vehicle idle time
- Driver scorecards: Customizable driver behavior scorecards, dashboards and optional Telogis Coach, an industry-first driver feedback mobile application for Android or iOS
- Fuel management: Fuel management reports and dashboards
- Dashboards: Ready-to-use dashboards monitor driver behavior and operations to help ensure the fleet is running efficiently and productively
- Customizable reports: Easier-to-use reports with new user interface improvements, resource filtering and more output formats
Ford Telematics is available from the factory and as a dealer-installed aftermarket option, giving fleets access to actionable analytics even after they place their vehicle orders.