Reading Truck Body recently unveiled its newest steel enclosed van body, the Ready Van SL (RVSL) Steelhawk for the Ford Transit Cutaway.
The RVSL Steelhawk weighs up to 700 pounds less than current RVSL models and offers up to 4,000 pounds of payload capacity. Reading reports that the lighter Steelhawk does not compromise on durability or functionality.
“The RVSL Steelhawk combines the strength of steel with computer-aided engineering to optimize weight, usability and quality with the industry-leading reliability our customers have come to expect from Reading,” said John Tak, senior director of marketing and product management. “Reading created the first all-aluminum truck body over 35 years ago and continues to make innovation a priority.”
The RVSL Steelhawk provides a high strength enclosed body built with A60 galvannealed steel construction for optimal corrosion-resistance, as well as a diamond-plate steel floor for better grip and slip resistance. Reading puts each truck body through rigorous testing.
RVSL Steelhawk features the following standard features and options:
- A60 galvannealed steel construction for long-lasting performance
- Galvanized shelves and easily accessible compartments and panels
- Durable, slip resistant steel diamond plate floor
- Latch-Matic keyless entry system
- Lockable rear access conduit doors
- Smooth operating steel cab access door
- Tall clearance solid rear doors with available visibility package windows
- LED cargo area dome lights with switch and grab handle
- LED combination stop, tail, turn and reverse lights with weather tight connectors
- Masterack cargo shelf packages and options available to organize storage
Reading provides a class-leading warranty which includes six-year structural coverage and three years on coating.