Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation said Wednesday the company started full production of its propane-autogas S2G medium-duty work truck this week.
The S2G pairs FCCC’s S2 chassis with the only factory-installed propane autogas engine and fuel system available for the medium-duty truck market.
The S2G is powered by an 8-liter V8 “big block” engine – featuring a CleanFUEL USA liquid propane system – offering up to 339 hp and 495 ft-lb of torque. Initial orders for the truck will focus on the propane-delivery market; FCCC has plans to expand into other applications and industries beginning in 2015. For more information, visit S2Gtruck.com.
S2G FAST FACTS:
- 8.0 LPG engine with factory-installed CleanFUEL USA liquid propane system
- 339 hp @ 4,100 rpm – peak hp at lower rpm equals better fuel economy
- 495 ft-lb torque @ 3,100 rpm – quicker acceleration and more power for steep hills and inclines
- 30 percent larger windshield combined with sloped hood provides improved line of sight of 8 feet compared with the competition
- GVWR of up to 33,000 lbs – 3,000 lbs more than the competition
- 55-degree wheel cut for better turning radius
- Chassis comes with 3-year/50,000-mile warranty with towing and roadside assistance and 24/7 Factory Direct customer support