The Original Gabriel has introduced a new Answerman video covering indicators of worn shocks and struts on light vehicles.
Gabriel’s “Top 10 Signs of Worn Shocks and Struts” video is available to view at the Answerman section of Gabriel’s website (www.gabriel.com) or at YouTube on TheOriginalGabriel channel.
“Often, drivers don’t know their shocks and struts have deteriorated, because wear happens gradually,” Christine Fisher, marketing and communications manager at Gabriel, says. “The video supplies installers and counter-people with another means to communicate the signs of wear to consumers.”
[youtube io1bb6lhn50 nolink]
The ten Gabriel signs that a vehicle might have of worn shocks and struts are:
1. When the vehicle has exceeded 50,000 miles on the current set
2. If the vehicle nose-dives while braking
3. If there is excessive bounce when driving over rough surfaces
4. When the vehicle veers in cross winds
5. If there is excessive lean or sway in turns
6. If the steering wheel vibrates
7. When uneven or premature tire wear is experienced
8. If fluid is leaking from the shock(s) or struts
9. If the shock or strut housing is dented or damaged
10. When your trained service technician raises concerns