Ford Ranger is getting a nice boost in power and off-road capability thanks to three new Ford Performance packages.
“Our goal is to inspire customers by giving them capabilities and styling options from the aftermarket brands they love,” said Eric Cin, global director, Ford Vehicle Personalization. “The three new Ford Performance Packs empower our adventure-loving Ranger customers to explore even further with even more freedom with the added off-roading capability right from the dealership.”
These new dealer-installed off-road packages for 2019 and 2020 four-wheel drive Ranger pickups include three levels of hardware, software and graphics combinations specific to Ranger vehicles. All three packages feature an off-road leveling kit including FOX Shocks with optimized Ford Performance tuning, new 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels and Ford Performance graphics on the bed and windshield.
The Ford Performance Level 1 package includes:
- Off-Road leveling kit
- FOX “Tuned by Ford Performance” 2.0 Performance Series internal floating piston monotube front and rear shocks tuned by Ford Performance Engineers to optimize on and off-road performance
- Ford Performance 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels
- Ford Performance bedside graphics o Ford Performance windshield banner
- $2,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 2 package includes Level 1 content plus:
- Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases horsepower by 16 percent to 315 at 4,500 RPM and increases torque by nearly 20 percent to 370 lb.-ft. at 2,500 RPM
- BFGoodrich KO2 265/70-17 tires
- Rigid off-road fog light kit
- Ford Performance calibration
- Blue tow hooks
- Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame
- $4,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 3 package includes Levels 1 and 2 content plus:
- Rigid 40-inch LED lightbar kit
- Red tow hooks
- Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper
- Ford Performance chase rack
- 2.3-liter Ford Performance sport exhaust
- $8,995 MSRP before installation
Ford Performance Level 1 and Level 2 packages for Ranger pickups are available for order in August. The Ford Performance Level 3 package will be available for order next summer. See a Ford dealer or performanceparts.ford.com for details.
On average, customers added approximately $650 worth of Ford accessories to each Ranger pickup sold in the U.S. in 2019 – the nameplate’s first year returned to the U.S. market.
“The success we’ve seen with Ranger’s personalization is a combination of customer and dealer enthusiasm for Ford-backed accessory options,” said Cin. “Our truck customers don’t need to drive their all-new vehicle off the lot over to an aftermarket outfitter, we are creating a smoother, more integrated experience right here with your Ford Dealership.”