An F-150 Raptor based on the U.S. Air Force’s Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor fighter jet went for $300,000 at auction at AirVenture Oshkosh, an event benefitting the Experimental Aircraft Association Gathering of Eagles – an organization and an event committed to aviation and encouraging youth involvement in flight.
Ford has raised more than $3 million for the annual event since 2008 by creating collector’s edition vehicles. The F-22 F-150 Raptor was the premier offering at this year’s live gala July 28.
The F-22 F-150 Raptor was purchased by Gary Ackerman of Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. Ackerman serves as Honorary Commander and Ambassador for the United States Air Force’s F-22 Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada.
Ford design manager Melvin Betancourt and Ford Performance led design and engineering of the F-22 F-150 Raptor. Nicole Rush, Ford designer, and the Ford design fabrication team headed up interior enhancements.
Building the F-22 F-150 Raptor was entrusted to Brad and Doug DeBerti at internationally renowned DeBerti Design. Betancourt says Ford could not have asked for a more purposeful execution of its vision than what the DeBerti team accomplished.
“Few things are as streamlined, as gloriously intimidating as the shape, metallic color and sinister speed a fighter jet represents,” said Betancourt. “The simple, extreme functionality of the cockpit alone proved inspiring, prompting the team to create matte finishes, purposeful gauges, controls for ready proximity and dramatic LED lighting for the instrument panel.”
Highlights of the Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor include:
- Whipple-intercooled, high-output 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost making 545 horsepower and 660 lb.-ft. of torque – taking off-road performance to intimidating new levels
- Modified Addictive Desert Design front suspension and bump stop kit
- Deaver rear spring pack to provide a smooth, progressive suspension
- Fox bypass series shocks with adjustable compression and rebound valving to customize damping for on-road and off-road use
- Innov8 Racing custom forged beadlock wheels with Falcon Wildpeak tires
- Upgraded Alcon six-piston painted calipers, oversized rotors, high-friction pads
- Modular off-road 1.3-million candela LED lighting system by KC Hilites
- Kicker audio system with 1,500 watts of amplification
- Unique Sherwin-Williams exterior paint integrating F-22 Raptor jet cues including titanium grille with front silhouette of the aircraft; jet cues featured on the interior as well
- Amp Research power retracting steps
- DeBerti two-tire, gas and ProEagle jack holder
- LineX sprayed bedliner
- All-stainless-steel cat-back Borla exhaust system with carbon fiber tips
- DeBerti carbon fiber fender flares, hood and fender vents
- Paint hand-cut and polished to a mirror finish by Independent Detail