GMC today introduced the 2017 Sierra HD All Terrain X, the most off-road-capable model in the Sierra HD lineup.
It joins Canyon and Sierra 1500 this fall as the third model in GMC’s limited-edition All Terrain X series, offered on the Sierra 2500HD crew cab 4×4 with a 6.0-liter gas V8 engine or the all-new, next-generation Duramax 6.6-liter V8 turbo-diesel.
More powerful than ever, the new Duramax delivers a segment-topping SAE-certified 445 horsepower and an SAE-certified 910 lb.-ft. of torque.
“The new Sierra HD All Terrain X’s powerful attitude reflects a popular trend in very capable off-road trucks, executed with a range-topping level of refinement — a combination of attributes GMC has cultivated for years,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC sales and marketing.
“And with the new, available Duramax 6.6-liter, this truck more than matches its bold good looks with true professional-grade capability.”
The All Terrain X’s customized appearance blends a premium package of monochromatic exterior trim and special equipment, complemented with GMC’s latest technologies. Content includes:
- 18-inch black-painted aluminum wheels
- LT275/65R18 Goodyear Duratrac MT-rated tires that feature an aggressive tread pattern for outstanding off-road performance
- A unique body-color grille surround with All Terrain insert
- Body-color door handles and bodyside moldings
- Black power-adjustable heated and power-folding trailering mirrors with integrated turn signals, LED rear guidance lamps and LED amber clearance lamps
- Black belt moldings, front bumper skidplate and B-pillars
- 4-inch black sport side steps
- Black sport bar (mounted in the bed) designed to support available GMC Accessories LED off-road driving lamps
- Offered in Black Onyx and Summit White exterior colors
Additional All Terrain equipment includes a spray-on bedliner, Front and Rear Park Assist, the Z71 off-road suspension package, underbody shield, heated steering wheel and all-weather floor liners. The Eaton automatic locking rear differential is also standard.
The 2017 Sierra 2500HD All Terrain X also features GMC IntelliLink with an 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen, Teen Driver, remote-locking tailgate, remote starting system, Rear Vision Camera, adjustable pedals, leather-appointed seats, heated front seats and wireless charging.