Most pothole-prolific city could earn its drivers special alignment discount from Sears Auto Centers; contest asks for photos from drivers
It’s that time of year when it seems impossible to drive anywhere without encountering a car-rattling, suspension-shaking pothole.
In an effort to draw attention to potentially dangerous driving areas, and market their automotive services, Sears Auto Center has created the #PotholeProbs contest that encourages people to capture photos of potholes in their town and share via social media.
Sears says The city that records the most submissions will receive an exclusive deal on alignment services for their pothole-ridden city at the end of the program at nearby Sears Auto Centers.
According to Sears Auto Center, over 60 percent of cars tested for alignment troubles at the service centers are in need of an alignment.
That number continues to rise after several months of freezing temperatures as the snow and ice and freezing and thawing exacerbate the pothole problems that drivers face.
“Whether it’s an alignment or helping you repair or replace a tire or wheel rim, the team at Sears Auto Center locations nationwide wants to be the place for solutions to pothole-related problems,” said Norman Miller, President, Sears Automotive.
“This program not only is a fun way to bring to light an often frustrating problem, but it also is helping cities nationwide identify potholes so drivers can avoid these problem areas and avoid damage to their vehicles, all while improving fuel efficiency and saving money. And Sears Auto is conveniently open seven days a week and always provides free alignment checks to customers.”
Details of Sears Auto #PotholeProbs program include:
- Between Feb. 15 and March 7, 2015, enter by sharing a photo via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and including their city name, tagging #PotholeProbs.
- The city with the most submissions at the end of the program period will receive an exclusive deal on alignment services – $49.99 for a standard alignment (regularly $84.99) and 10% off RoadHandler® tires, wheels, balancing, steering and suspension to address any alignment issues.
- The winning city will be announced the week of March 8, 2015, and the deal will be redeemable at participating Sears Auto locations in/near the winning city until April 4, 2015.
- A weekly prize drawing will take place, and one entrant will be selected to win a $25 Sears Auto Gift Card each week
- Follow all the action of #PotholeProbs presented by Sears Auto visit SearsAuto.com/PotholeProbs. Click here for contest rules.
es a variety of services and is a terrific customer resource, including an online store locater and online scheduling tool to ensure prompt hassle free scheduling for all automotive maintenance needs.