GM’s 2015 midsize pickup looks bad in black
GMC just introduced the 2015 Canyon Nightfall Edition – a stylized, blacked-out edition of the brand’s all-new premium midsize truck that blends a dramatic appearance with popular features and accessories.
The Canyon Nightfall Edition is offered on SLE crew cab models, either 2WD or 4WD, in Onyx Black and will be available in the first quarter of 2015.
In addition to standard equipment on the SLE, the Canyon Nightfall Edition includes:
- Unique black grille
- Black assist steps
- Factory spray-in bedliner
- 18-inch multi-spoke aluminum wheels with Dark Argent painted inserts
- Polished exhaust tip
- Automatic climate control
- Remote start
“The new Canyon Nightfall Edition expands the Canyon lineup and gives style-conscious customers another choice,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing. “Importantly, customers get the great looks of the Canyon Nightfall Edition and its unique content at a greater value than ordering the features separately.”
The distinctive appearance of the Canyon Nightfall Edition reflects customer preferences for personalization and features that support different lifestyle interests.
More than 40 percent of the initial orders for Canyon include at least one selection from the comprehensive collection of accessories GMC developed for the truck.
The Canyon accessories portfolio includes the available GearOn system for optimal cargo management, as well as bed protection, styling enhancements and trailering components.
Additional standard content on the Canyon Nightfall Edition includes:
- Rear-vision camera
- Eight-inch-diagonal Color Touch radio with GMC IntelliLink
- OnStar with 4G LTE and its standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (includes three-month/3GB data trial, whichever comes first)
- Two USB ports for charging located on the rear of the center console in addition another USB port inside the console
- Multi-color driver information center display
- Soft-touch instrument panel with aluminum trim
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
- Remote keyless entry
- Tilting and telescoping steering column
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls
- SiriusXM satellite radio (includes three-month trial)
- Automatic locking rear differential (4WD models)
- 17-inch aluminum wheels
Canyon offers the segment’s best horsepower and EPA-estimated fuel economy: 200 horsepower (149 kW) and 27 mpg highway (2WD) from a standard 2.5L I-4; and 305 horsepower (227 kW) and 26 mpg (2WD) from an available 3.6L V-6.
The V-6 engine enables a segment-leading 7,000-pound trailering rating.