Chevrolet’s recent concept paired a Colorado crew cab with a Nautique boat and trailer. Each share the same custom orange metallic flake paint scheme, while the truck and trailer wear matching 18-inch Chevrolet accessory wheels.
But this rig wasn’t just flashy. With a dry weight of 4,200 pounds for the 21-foot boat and an estimated trailer weight of 1,000 pounds, the combination is well within the capability of Colorado’s segment-leading 7,000-pound maximum trailering rating.
“You can’t own a lifestyle product like the Super Air Nautique without the assurance of a strong, confidence-inspiring truck to haul it to your favorite lake,” says John Fitzpatrick, senior marketing manager, Chevrolet trucks. “The Colorado rewrites the book for midsize trucks, delivering unprecedented performance and capability for people who need the versatility of a truck in a smaller package than a full-size pickup.”
Completely redesigned, the Super Air Nautique 210 incorporates new technology and design features resulting in the look and performance customers expect from Nautique. The sleek and powerful Super Air Nautique 210 is powered by the ZR 450 by Pleasurecraft Marine Engine Group.
Colorado trailering capability is enabled by the segment’s most powerful and efficient engine: an available 3.6L V-6 rated at 305 horsepower and 269 lb.-ft. of torque – and 26 mpg on the highway (2WD models), according to EPA estimates. In fact, the V-6-equipped Colorado produces 14 percent more horsepower than Nissan Frontier’s V-6 (262 horsepower), while delivering 15 percent greater efficiency than its EPA-estimated 22 mpg. It also produces nearly 23 percent more power than Toyota Tacoma’s V-6 (236 horsepower) and nearly 20 percent greater highway efficiency (21 mpg).
A 2.5L engine is standard on the Colorado and it supports a 3,500-pound trailering rating, while delivering a segment-leading EPA-estimated 27 mpg on the highway (2WD models).
Along with genuine Chevy truck capability, the all-new Colorado delivers distinctive design cues and a quiet, comfortable interior that offers amenities that car and crossover drivers appreciate. It also features innovative technology such as Chevy MyLink with a built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Alert.
Traditional truck features such as four-wheel drive and a highly flexible bed with Chevy’s GearOn™ cargo management system are available, enhancing capability. The GearOn™ system is designed to fit within the bed, for significant storage and hauling flexibility. It is upgradable, with modular cargo dividers and tiered storage to accommodate 4-by8 sheets of plywood above the wheelhouses. It also uses the box’s four permanent and 13 moveable tie-down provisions to allow for a variety of secure and convenient cargo stowage options.
The Colorado has a short turning radius of 41.3 feet, enabling easier turning in tight areas such as city streets or when backing a trailer. Additional features include:
- Four-wheel disc brakes with Duralife brake rotors that offer up to double the service life, which can save money on maintenance.
- Available G80 automatic locking rear differential delivers a traction advantage when needed and quieter, more comfortable driving when it’s not
- Standard CornerStep rear bumper design pioneered on the 2014 Silverado
- Available EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgate that uses an internal torsion bar to make raising the tailgate easier with one hand, and a damper for more-controlled lowering
- Standard two-tier loading that allows a platform to effectively split the bed into upper and lower sections, making it easier to haul, store and conceal items
- Thirteen standard tie-down locations throughout the bed for use with available, movable cargo tie-down rings
- Available factory-installed spray-in bed liner
- Available safety package includes segment-first Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning, using camera-based technology to warn driver of potential crash threats.
Colorado prices start at $20,995, including $875 dealer freight, for a four-door extended cab model with the 2.5L engine. Chevrolet supports Colorado owners with two years or 24,000 miles (whichever comes first) of scheduled maintenance.