2014 1500 GM 6.2L V-8s Rated Highest Power and MPG In Class
It’s official. The EPA fuel economy numbers are out for the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and High Country and the GMC Sierra and Sierra Denali 1500 with the optional 420hp 6.2L V-8: 2WD – 15 city / 21 hwy; 4WD – 14 city / 20 hwy.
Those numbers place the new GM half-tons at the top of both power and fuel economy for the light-duty pickup segment in the over-6.0L class.
The EcoTech3 6.2L -equipped Silverado LTZ and High Country and Sierra SLT and Denali models also deliver class-leading maximum available trailering capacity of 12,000 pounds when properly equipped.
“Power and towing capacity are fundamental capabilities for full-size pickups,” said Jeff Luke, General Motors Executive Chief Engineer for full- and mid-size trucks. “The 2014 Silverado and Sierra deliver unmatched power and towing capability with a host of ingenious driver aids.”
The optional Max Trailering Package is available on 2WD and 4WD V-8 crew cab and double cab models and includes:
- Trailering package with seven-pin and four-pin connector
- Enhanced cooling
- Automatic locking rear differential
- Heavy-duty 9.75-inch rear axle with 3.73 ratio
- Increased-capacity rear leaf springs
- Revised shock tuning for increased control
- Integrated trailer brake controller.