For 2012, Nissan offers two innovative, high-value pickups – the full-size Nissan Titan and mid-size Nissan Frontier. Both are built on Nissan’s rugged F-Alpha truck platform. Details on the enhancements for the new model year follow.
2012 Nissan Titan
The 2012 Nissan Titan is again offered in King Cab and Crew Cab body styles with a choice of 4×4 and 4×2 drive configurations, along with two wheelbases (138.9 inches and 159.5 inches) and three bed lengths. Titan is available in four well-equipped models – S, SV, PRO-4X and SL.
Titan continues as a rugged, reliable, spirited choice for active truck buyers seeking style, innovation and excellent value. For 2012, a new Sport Appearance Package is available with King Cab and Crew Cab SV models. It includes 20-inch SL aluminum-alloy wheels, in dark hyper silver finish, dark grille treatment, body colored front and rear bumpers, black step rails, PRO-4X seats with silver contrasting stitching, lockable bedside storage compartment, bodyside sport “Titan” graphic, white-faced gauges, fog lights, Captain’s Chairs and center console and much more. One new color is also offered for 2012: Brilliant Silver.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Titan include:
• Rugged F-Alpha pickup platform, featuring a powerful 5.6-liter DOHC Endurance V8 rated at 317 horsepower and 385 pould/foot torque
• Standard 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission and tow/haul modes for enhanced fuel economy and towing capacity
• 28-gallon fuel tank
• Standard 2-wheel or 4-wheel limited slip (ABLS) on all models
• Dana front (4×4 only) and rear axles (4×4, 4×2)
• Maximum towing capacity of up to 9,500 pounds for King Cab and 9,400 pounds for Crew Cab (when properly equipped)
• Innovative Wide-Open rear doors that swing open 168 degrees – standard on King Cab
• Available utility bed features include factory-applied spray-on bedliner, Utili-track Bed Channel System with adjustable aluminum-alloy tie-down cleats and available accessory racks, trays, dividers and modular storage systems
• Unique lockable, climate-resistant bedside storage compartment located immediately behind the driver’s side rear wheelwell, with two-position adjustable tray
• Tailgate area illumination and available bed-mounted 12-volt utility powerpoint
• Available PRO-4X trim with special off-road features, including switch-on-demand electronically controlled locking rear differential, unique 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail 275/70R18 tires, skid plates, Rancho® performance gas shocks and lower final drive ratio (to 3.357)
The 2012 Nissan Titan is available in King Cab and Crew Cab body configurations with choice of 2WD and 4WD in S, SV, PRO-4X and SL models (PRO-4X available in 4×4 only). It is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in summer 2011.
2012 Nissan Frontier
The Nissan Frontier, which combines premium hardware, extraordinary power and off-road athleticism, continues to be a leader in the mid-size truck segment.
Frontier continues to offer an exceptional level of on- and off-road performance with the use of a 4.0-liter DOHC V6 engine rated at 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque. A 152-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder engine is also available (King Cab only). With its strong performance, combined with good fuel mileage (17 city, 21 highway, King Cab 2WD), the Frontier is a fitting truck for work or play.
Revisions for 2012 include the addition of a new Sport Appearance Package on King Cab and Crew Cab SV models and 2-Wheel Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) are now standard on 4-cylinder engine equipped models.
The Sport Appearance Package includes 18-inch SL aluminum-alloy wheels in dark hyper silver finish, dark grille treatment, body colored front and rear bumpers, PRO-4X style seats with gray seat bolsters and stitching, fog lights, body side “Frontier” sport graphic, white-faced gauges, Bluetooth Hands Free Phone System and much more. Three new exterior colors are also offered: Brilliant Silver, Metallic Blue and Lava Red.
Key highlights of the 2012 Nissan Frontier include:
• Available in a choice of King Cab or Crew Cab, with Crew Cab SV and SL offering a Crew Cab Long Bed model, measuring more than 13 inches longer than the Crew Cab’s standard bed
• Aggressive exterior design with chrome, angled strut grille, large bumpers, short front and rear overhangs, large geometric stamped steel fender flares
• Available high-utility bed with factory-applied spray-on bedliner and Utili-track bed channel system with adjustable aluminum-alloy tie-down cleats (standard on SL and PRO-4X trims) and available accessory racks, trays, dividers and modular storage systems
• Available tube-style, functional roof rack on Crew Cab
• 6,500 pounds maximum towing capacity (when properly equipped)
• Available shift-on-the-fly 4-wheel drive system with 2WD/4H/4LO modes, electronically controlled part-time transfer case
• Available 4-wheel limited slip, electronic locking rear differential, Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist
• PRO-4X model includes off-road tuned Bilstein high-pressure performance gas shock absorbers, skid plates (oil pan, fuel tank), electronic rear differential locker (4×4 only) and limited-slip (ABLS)
• Roomy, modern interior design with flexible seating and cargo utility
• Available Rockford Fosgate-powered audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD autochanger and MP3 capability and WMA/MP3 player aux-in jack (Crew Cab)
• Available Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System and XM Satellite Radio (XM subscription required, sold separately)
The 2012 Nissan Frontier is offered in both King Cab and Crew Cab body styles and in 4×2 and 4×4 driveline configurations, along with four trim grades: Frontier S, SV, PRO-4X and SL (Crew Cab only). It is scheduled to go on sale in fall 2011.