Must Have Tool: Snap-on Ratcheting Extension/Speeders
Torque, Speed, Control – All in One Extension
KENOSHA, Wis. – May 25, 2011 – Torque. Speed. Control. You get all three and more with the new 3/8-inch drive Ratcheting Extension/Speeders from Snap-on®. These durable and easy-to-use extensions are a “must have” and are great time savers if you are looking to increase productivity.
“Our new 3/8-inch drive Ratcheting Extension/Speeders are designed with technicians in mind,” said Bryan Hantke, product manager for Snap-on. “These extremely versatile tools are perfect for those hard-to-get-at areas while still allowing you to control the torque and speed of the tool. You will see a world of difference in output and efficiency if you add these two ‘must have’ extension/speeders to your Snap-on tool box.”
The Snap-on 3/8-inch drive Ratcheting Extension/Speeders come in two sizes: three inches (FXKR3) and six inches (FXKR6).
The applications for the FXKR3 and FXKR6 include engine compartments, spark plug installation, under dash applications, electrical harness mounts, air conditioning/blower modules and headlight/brake light assemblies. In addition, they can also be used for small engine repair, motorcycles and boat engine repair.
The features and benefits of the FXKR3 and the FXKR6 include:
- Control: one hand operation with built-in forward/reverse lever activated with a simple thumb movement so user can sense how much force is needed to snug fasteners; knurled shaft provides precise fingertip control and ease of turning even with oily fingers, minimizing damage to composite parts and mounts
- Speed: allows the technician to simply spin the shank to quickly turn a fastener
- Access: eliminates the issue of swing arc that affects ratchets
- Flexibility: can be used by itself as an extension/speeder or with a ratchet as a standard extension
- Reliability: machined from a single piece of alloy steel for robust performance; 72-tooth, dual pawl design provides smooth, reliable operation and the strength of Dual 80™ Technology
Customers can find out more about the Snap-on Ratcheting Extension/Speeders by contacting their participating Snap-on franchisee or representative, visiting www.snapon.com, or by calling toll free 877-SNAPON-2 (877-762-7662).
About Snap-on Tools
Snap-on Tools is a subsidiary of Snap-on Incorporated, a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, diagnostics and equipment solutions for professional users. Product lines include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions which are used by technicians and professionals at vehicle dealerships and repair centers and in the marine, power sports and aviation industries. Snap-on Tools is one of the largest non-food franchise companies in the world, selling its products and services through franchisee, company-direct, distributor and Internet channels. Snap-on Incorporated, which was founded in 1920, is a $2.6 billion, S&P 500 company located in Kenosha, Wis. with operations throughout the world. For additional information, visit www.snapon.com.