Largest Ford display in the world debuts at 2011 North American International Auto Show
DETROIT, Jan. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ —
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) debuts its largest display in the world at the 2011 North American International Auto Show in Detroit; the Ford area is 25 percent larger than last year and will include 75 vehicles, 22 interactive exhibits and 67 product specialists on hand to answer questions
- The Ford display will feature a level of consumer engagement that tests the limits of experiential marketing with more to see and do than ever before for all ages
- Visitors will be able to learn about new Ford technologies and world-class products through digital interactions, live games and shows, vehicle simulators and even electric vehicle rides on a specially created, 208-foot-long, elevated track
The 2011 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) will feature the largest Ford display in the world and the most engaging consumer experience ever, including a specially created, elevated track for rides in the all-new Focus Electric on the show stand.
The Ford display will fill an expansive 71,700 square feet of space, more than a typical NFL football field’s 57,600 square feet. The exhibit will feature more than 75 vehicles and 22 interactive displays and an unprecedented 67 product specialists will be on hand at all times to answer questions about the company’s new products and technologies.
“For several years now, Ford has been driving the evolution of auto shows. We’ve moved from one-way communication to full-blown two-way communication and total engagement with visitors,” said Jim Farley, Ford group vice president, Global Marketing, Sales and Service.
“Futuristic concept cars and simple narrations about products have been augmented by or replaced with product interaction, hands-on technology displays, conversations with knowledgeable hosts and even games that help visitors understand how Ford is delivering smart, safe, green, high-quality products to fit a wide range of needs.”
Vehicles to fit every need
Underscoring the theme of vehicles to fit every need, Ford will feature a broad spectrum of new products at this year’s show.
Just a few examples include the all-new Ford Focus, Ford Explorer, Mustang Boss 302, Ford C-MAX multi-activity vehicle and Ford F-150 with four all-new powertrains.
A fundamental theme this year is fuel efficiency for everyone.
“This year’s display emphasizes that fuel economy is no longer limited to a few vehicles,” said Farley. “Ford is offering consumers real choices that fit real-world needs by designing vehicles that use a variety of fuel-efficient powertrains, such as Ford’s EcoBoost™ technology and our new family of electrified vehicles.”
Ford will offer a family of electric products, including hybrids, plug-in hybrids and all-electric vehicles.
To help consumers understand the differences between the technologies and to showcase the company’s leadership in electric vehicles, Ford created an innovative major attraction for the show called “Living Electric.”
Hands-on technology displays, digital tutorials and conversations with experts will help people learn how the different types of electric vehicles will fit various lifestyles.
Visitors can even take a ride in two electric vehicles – Focus Electric and Transit Connect Electric – on an elevated track on the Ford stand that is 20 feet high, stretches 208 feet in length and is 71 feet in diameter.
In all areas of the Ford display, consumers will be entertained, informed and totally engaged.
For example, visitors can play a live game show on their mobile phones while learning about the new engines available for F-150. They can personalize a Fiesta with a digital “spray can” and take home a print of their creation while finding out about the fuel economy and safety leadership of Ford’s new small car.
Additional highlights include:
- A scale replica Laguna Seca slot car track that lets drivers test their skills on the same course where Ford engineers tested the all-new Mustang Boss 302
- An Explorer Theater where visitors can take a virtual ride in an articulating Explorer and experience this all-new, 21st century edition of the SUV that created the segment and has now been named the 2011 North American Truck of the Year
- Raptisserie – a Ford Raptor that flips over in a dramatic way to reveal the technology that makes it the most capable off-road production truck ever
- A chance to play the new and not-yet-released Electronic Arts video game Need for Speed Shift 2, which features Ford Mustang
- A simulator that lets drivers race a Ford Fiesta in World Rally competition
- The Focus Experience – an immersive, in-car theater experience that highlights the breakthrough driver connectivity of the all-new Ford Focus
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 163,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company