Honda Marine voted best in customer satisfaction by NMMA
08/31/2010 – ALPHARETTA, Ga. —Honda Marine announced today that it has received the Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Award for Excellence in Customer Satisfaction for outboard engines in 2010 from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
This award marks the seventh consecutive year that Honda Marine has secured the honor.
The NMMA will formally recognize this year’s award recipients at the upcoming International Boat Builder’s Exhibition (IBEX) show and conference, scheduled for September 28 – 30 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky.
The CSI Award acknowledges companies that actively measure customer satisfaction to pursue continuous improvement.
Recipients have achieved and maintained an independently measured standard of 90 percent or higher in customer satisfaction during the past year, based on customer surveys.
Honda Marine outboard engines were recognized for their superior performance, high fuel efficiency, excellent reliability and quietness-at-cruise – all criteria important to consumers.
“We are honored to again receive this important award and recognition from NMMA,” said Scott Conner, vice president, Honda Power Equipment. “Providing our customers with the best experience possible is the ultimate goal for our team at Honda Marine, and this survey’s findings and analyses are key drivers that help our organization effectively meet that goal.”
NMMA launched its CSI program in 2001 to provide boat and engine manufacturers with an independently-measured, cost-effective tool to help improve customer satisfaction in the boating industry.
Since the program’s inception, more than 500,000 surveys have been sent to new boat and engine customers, allowing participating manufacturers to monitor customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis, and to benchmark themselves against the industry and their competitors.
Honda Marine pioneered four-stroke outboard engine technology, setting a new benchmark for fuel efficiency, quiet operation, and low emissions.
Honda’s outboards share the same unparalleled durability, quality, and reliability of its legendary automobiles. With models ranging from 2 to 225 horsepower, the Honda Marine full line of current production models certify to California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-Star standards, ensuring their availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
- 1964 First Honda four-stroke outboard introduced.
- 1967 First Honda outboard introduced in the U.S.
- 1985 Honda has the first full line of four-strokes for customers to choose from.
- 1990 Our BF45 wins the IMTEC Innovation Award.
- 1994 Our BF90 prototype wins the IMTEC Innovation Award.
- 1995 The BF90 wins Popular Mechanics’ “Design and Engineering Award.”
- 1998 Honda Marine is the only marine engine manufacturer offering over 15 models of four-strokes from which to choose.
- 2001 The world’s first 225 HP four-stroke is introduced. VTEC® Technology is also introduced in a marine engine.
- 2002 Hundreds of BF225s are put into service for the U.S.Coast Guard’s Homeland Security Initiative.
- 2004 Our BF150 is introduced. Honda Marine also received the NMMA’s Customer Service Award.
- 2005 For the second consecutive year, Honda wins the NMMA’s Customer Service Award and is ranked highest in customer satisfaction with four-stroke engines in a tie by J.D. Power and Associates. Every model in our lineup continues to meet or exceed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards and carries a California Air Resources Board (CARB) 2008 3-star rating.
- 2006 The all new BF90 and BF75 are introduced with Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection and are the lightest four-strokes in their class. For the second time, Honda receives a customer satisfaction award for four-stroke outboards from J.D. Power and Associates and the CSI Industry Award from the NMMA.
- 2007 Honda ranks highest in customer satisfaction for four-stroke outboards according to J.D. Power and Associates.
- 2008 The redesigned BF40 and BF50 EFI are introduced and are, by far, the best in their class. For the fifth consecutive year, Honda Marine wins the CSI Award for customer satisfaction.
- 2009 The best-in-class midrange BF60 and BFP60 Power Thrust EFI models are introduced. Honda Marine wins a top customer satisfaction award from J.D. Power and Associates*and, for the sixth consecutive year, a CSI Award for customer satisfaction.