Tommy Gate has released a new Tuckunder Series Liftgate (TKT) for flatbed, stake, and van bodies.
TKT Models, the first Tuckunder-style liftgates ever produced by Tommy Gate, incorporate a wide-arm, dual-cylinder design along with numerous installation, operation, and service features to maximize both operator and upfitter convenience.
TKT Models are initially being offered with self-leveling, wedge-style platforms (either extruded aluminum or steel treadplate), lifting capacities of 2500 or 3000 lbs., and bed extensions fitting either 96- or 102-inch-wide bodies.
Standard features include:
- Hydraulic power-down to provide quick, consistent platform deployment
- Underride impact guard to protect from vehicle underride
- 24-inch rubber dock bumpers to protect bed extension from direct contact with dock surface
- Snubber kit to secure stored platform
- Low-profile, fixed toggle control (with five minute inactivity shut off)
- 2-gauge, full-length power cable and ground
“Tommy Gate interviewed distributors and installers about what sort of things they liked, or didn’t like, about the products in the marketplace,” Tommy Gate Senior Engineer Andrew Fitzgibbon says. “And we talked to some end customers about how they used their gates. We also mixed in a healthy dose of taking into account our capabilities, our expertise, here at the factory and what we do well. So, we kind of mixed all three of those things together and ended up with our finished product.”