Utilimaster Corp. has unveiled refrigerated and freezer configurations for its truck bodies. Utilimaster can upfit nearly any van or truck by installing an insulated liner that is completely seamless and tough enough to support forklift traffic, while integrating customized shelving and cargo containment, the company says.
Utilimaster refrigerated bodies are designed to provide a superior option for delivery of perishable cargo. The cooling is provided by an over-the-road refrigeration system with an engine-mounted compressor, a skirt-mounted condenser, and dual 10″ fan evaporators.
Units are also available in self-contained or cold plate configurations. The fuel for self-contained units is supplied by the vehicle’s diesel tank or an auxiliary fuel tank. Cold plate units contain no mechanical parts, so there is little chance of spoiled cargo as a result of blower failure.
“Our customers asked Utilimaster to design and manufacture refrigerated bodies to meet their needs. The seamless liner over the interior of the truck, made using advanced polyurea technology, is superior to the current market offering and provides the safest and most durable solution available,” Mel Shields, commercial sales manager for Utilimaster, said. “This innovation enables us to also provide a wide selection of customized interiors to meet our customer’s specifications.”
The FDA-approved polyurea liner is safe for food contact, the company says. It provides a seamless coating over the interior of the truck, preventing food and juices from being trapped within the seams.
Polyurea lined trucks can be cleaned by simply hosing down the body with no moisture penetrating the coating. The temperature integrity of even the most demanding cargo is ensured with our insulation. Injected polyurethane expanded foam insulates all our delivery solutions and provides for seamless interiors in all compartments. Polyurea is a fast-setting, rapid-gelling material used to create extremely durable interiors.
Among the insulated truck options:
• All Utilimaster body types available in refrigerated version
• A wide variety of roof-mounted or side-mounted refrigeration units
• From a florist, to frozen food distributor, the cargo area can be configured for any combination of temperature zones – frozen, refrigerated and ambient
• Available in temperatures ranges from 40° to -25° F
• Available in multiple-temperature/compartment options
• Available with curbside doors for easy entry and egress
• Available with Aerocap for walk-through bulkheads
• Available with electric shore power (115V – 230V, single or 3 phase)
• Custom insulated bulkhead and rear doors
Utilimaster Corp. is a subsidiary of Spartan Motors. Inc.