BFGoodrich recently announced that it’s launched its toughest off-road tire yet, the Mud-Terrain T/A KM3.
The Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 is available for trucks, Jeeps and SUVs.
“Built with steel-belted radial construction and adapted from race-proven technology designed for Baja 1000-winning tires, the new UTV offerings balance maximum toughness with minimal weight,” BFGoodrich states in its press release.
The Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 features Mud-Phobic bars on the tire’s shoulders that are designed to release compacted mud for enhanced traction in muddy or soft soil conditions. The tire’s Terrain-Attack tread pattern includes tread blocks designed to deliver incredible grip from any angle of approach.
The tire’s Linear Flex Zone allows it to envelop objects at reduced inflation for even more grip when climbing. The Traction-Armor Sidewall Sculpture and notched shoulder design also boost traction capabilities in soft soil and mud.
The UTV sizes available immediately include:
- 20X10.00R14 NHS (max load 1,557 lbs. at 44 psi / 910 lbs. at 18 psi)
- 30X10.00R14 NHS (max load 1,760 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,034 lbs. at 18 psi)
- 30X10.00R15 NHS (max load 1,694 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,015 lbs. at 18 psi)
In November 2018, two additional sizes will be available:
- 32×10.00R14 NHS (max load 2,002 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,172 lbs. at 18 psi)
- 32×10.00R15 NHS (max load 1,936 lbs. at 44 psi / 1,150 lbs. at 18 psi)
The MSRP for the UTV KM3 tires starts at $168 and varies by size. BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 UTV tires are for off-road use and are not DOT-approved for use on public roads.