Cutting-edge aftermarket products awarded for innovation
The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) announced the winners of the New Products Showcase Awards at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
This award is given to the most innovative and cutting-edge new and featured automotive aftermarket products.
Nearly 2,000 products were entered into 16 different Showcase categories to be considered for the SEMA New Product Awards this year.
Winners were selected based on a variety of factors that included quality, marketability, innovation, technology, consumer appeal, and more.
The 2014 New Product Award Winners of interest to pickups and SUVs are:
Exterior Accessory Product
- Winner: Lund International: AVS, LUND, AMP RESEARCH, BELMOR, AMP RESEARCH PowerStep XL
- Runner Up: Rigid Industries LED Lighting, Rigid Industries Capture
- Runner Up: Westin Automotive Products Inc., Overhead LED Light Hoop
Mobile Electronics Product
- Winner: App-Tronics LLC, SmartNav 5
- Runner Up: Custom Autosound Manufacturing, Slidebar Radio by Custom Autosound
- Runner Up: Palmer Performance Engineering, DashLogic Display Controller
Off-Road/4-Wheel Drive Product
- Winner: Bubba Rope, Gator-Jaw soft shackle
- Runner Up: Factor 55, ProLink Bridle
- Runner Up: Omix-ADA/Rugged Ridge, Exo Top Soft Top & Cargo Rack System
Tire and Related Product
- Winner: Continental Tire, Continental TrueContact
- Runner Up: Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., Discoverer SRX
- Runner Up: Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc., EXO Grappler AWT
- Winner: DECKED, DECKED Pickup Truck Bed Organizer and Storage System
- Runner Up: AnzoUSA, L.E.D 5-FUNCTION Corner Step OE Replacement
- Runner Up: Rampage Products, Portable WIFI Back-Up Camera/Multi-Function Monitor