Ram Truck Takes The 2014 Power Wagon To The Next Level
In 2005 the Dodge boys brought automotive journalists into the rugged mountains of Utah and the rocky trails of Moab. I thought they were a little nuts putting us behind the wheel of a Ram 2500 4×4.
This was Jeep country, not pickups.
A few hours after running a particularly rugged stretch and crossing a swollen stream near flash-flood level, I came to realize there’s not another factory pickup on the planet that has the off-road capability of the modern-era Ram Power Wagon.
And I dare say a lot of Jeeps would be hard-pressed to stay with it, either.
With factory front and rear locking differentials and disconnecting front sway bar, that first new-era 2005 Power Wagon was almost unstoppable.
If you did get in a bind, which we never did during our days of testing, there was also a factory Warn winch hidden behind the front bumper. All standard features.
And with 345 ponies front the 5.7L HEMI, it had the grunt under your right foot to get ‘er done.
Now Ram Truck’s engineers have gone and built one that’s even more capable and powerful.
The 2014 Ram Power Wagon brings all of this to the table:
- Standard 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 with best-in-class 410 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque
- Five years/100,000 miles power train warranty
- Unique “Ram Articulink” front suspension system incorporates high movement joints and sway-bar disconnecting system, allowing for additional flexibility and axle articulation
- 5-link coil rear suspension to deliver best-in-class ride and superior axle control
- Standard front and rear electronic-locking differentials for true four-wheel-drive and maximum traction
- Standard Warn 12,000-lb. electric winch mounted behind the front bumper
- Up to 10,810 pounds of towing capacity
- New exterior design: colors, lighting, wheels, grilles and tri-color graphics
If you want all the full details on the 2014 Ram 2500 Power Wagon, click HERE.