For 2017, Raptor gets an all-new high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6, which delivers 450 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque to an all-new advanced high-performance off-road drivetrain.
The truck boasts a fully boxed, high-strength steel frame, competition-grade suspension with Fox Racing shocks, and a military-grade alloy and composite body for added strength and reduced weight.
Modifications to the F-150 Raptor race truck include:
- Race-optimized three-inch-diameter internal-bypass front and rear Fox Racing shocks similar to production Raptor’s segment-exclusive setup
- Race-optimized front and rear springs raise ride height for additional ground clearance and to provide increased compression rate to handle extreme terrain
- Custom-fabricated roll cage
- MasterCraft seats with five-point harness safety belts and window nets
- Rigid Industries LED light bars, racing fuel cell, Lowrance GPS, RacePak digital dash and data logger
The new factory stock class is the most production-specification class in the Best in the Desert off-road racing series.